If You Are Seriously Injured
It is vitally important to preserve the appropriate evidence before it is lost or destroyed. You or your attorney should take the following steps as soon as possible:
- Photograph all visible injuries. Make sure to get additional photos as your condition progresses.
- Video of hospitalization (if possible)
- Hire expert witness/accident reconstruction expert to inspect and document accident scene while the evidence is still fresh and available
- Photos of damage to vehicles or other involved items
- Preserve all receipts or bills
- Make a journal of your memory of events while it is fresh on your mind
- Send the appropriate, certified letters to guarantee your right to inspect any evidence held by an opposing party or third parties before it is destroyed or discarded.